Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed another hobby like I needed another hole in my head, so what did I do? After I bought the homebrew equipment went to Shane Company and bought an engagement ring. Figured beer and marriage are like, well I dunno what the hell I was thinking. Extract brewing wasnt enough so my third batch I made the move to all grain. Oh and forgot bottles, Kegging, and kegerator in the living room.

Tonight I just racked onto some Madagascar Vanilla Beans for a Bourbon Vanilla Porter that should turn out great.

Theres got to be some home brewers around here.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I've done it and still have my equipment. I made a couple of nice ales in the past but nothin' fancy. I gave my grandpa a sample bottle once and he said it was "OK, except for that last inch". I guess I forgot to tell him about the sediment! :)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
The beer hobby is cheaper than the engagement ring...

Do we still have time to talk you out of it?...

You might adhere to a wise lawyer proverb...

If it drives, flies, floats or f****...rent it!!!... :D :D

Congrats I think!!!!...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Ha ha! You do like that, don't you, zman?! :D

Congratulations Andy! Are we still going fishing this winter? >:D

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ha ha! You do like that, don't you, zman?! :D

Congratulations Andy! Are we still going fishing this winter? >:D
I will smack you silly if you ever ask anything that stupid again.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I am always suspicious of home brews after I tried a neighbor's elderberry wine.

I had to stay within eyesight of the "facilities" for the next three days.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Now is a great time to brew! Cooler temps in the basement are yeast friendly so it's much easier to get consistent results. I buy supplies from Beer at Home on South Broadway in Englewood, or Williams Brewing online. Anybody need any Cornelius kegs? :)

Andy, after you get married, it takes a long, long time to go through 5 gallons of beer! Ask me how I know! ;)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
albow said:
Now is a great time to brew! Cooler temps in the basement are yeast friendly so it's much easier to get consistent results. I buy supplies from Beer at Home on South Broadway in Englewood, or Williams Brewing online. Anybody need any Cornelius kegs? :)

Andy, after you get married, it takes a long, long time to go through 5 gallons of beer! Ask me how I know! ;)
You got a corny keg you wanna sell? Hows the seals? Im gunna need another so as my vanilla bourbon porter is ready to come of of the secondary in the next few days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts