Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we moved to a rural location I have been purchasing more things online.
The shipping is cheaper than driving and a lot of items aren't available locally or online only.
I have had my credit card compromised 3 times in 3 months.
Norton provided with our internet service isn't doing the job.

Visa has been great at denying the fraudulent charges.
They cancel my old card and send a new one overnight.

I know nothing about securing our home internet.
I have done some online research but would appreciate some help.
Any info would be great.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Are you sure the c.c. compromise is coming from the internet? I always try to wiggle the card reader at gas pumps now because people like to put "skimmers" on them. (I think that's what they're called). Also, I never use a pin number anymore as I've heard that scumbags get your number somehow from that. Our cards have been compromised in the past and I don't think it had anything to do with online purchasing, but I may be wrong. It almost seems like it's just an expected thing now days. The bank never puts us on the hook for fraudulent charges and gives us a new card, but you never hear how it happened, who did it, or anything. I would SO love to catch someone doing this crap and go to work on their kneecaps with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I think, for the most part internet purchases are pretty secure. Amazon delivers something to our house probably about every day of the week, and I've not had my card compromised in a long time. And I don't just order from home, but often on the road for work as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts