Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All hit a red and green Mr. Crappie split-tail jig (except 1 on a crawler). We landed 5, all were over 8"... Biggest a shade under 10". On featherlight gear, it was a real trip!

Buck with a monster on the line!!!

The Payoff!!!

Raining chilly day up here, but MAN was it fun!!!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theyre hitting... Cant wait for May!!! Out here, May is panfish slaughter season... They start going apesh** and stay that way til September. Poppers, man... Poppers.

Thanks for the replies. :)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Now them are some legit gills! Pic #1 is priceless. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I think that first pic is going to get printed and framed. :)
You should! The colors and the angle are perfect! It really shows the little guy struggling with his fish. It's a picture Opry Jr will look back at. I don't have many pictures of when I was little. Too poor. I only have one picture of my half brothers and I with my dad and some "trophy" carp. :D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tremendous bull bluegill! That's the fish of a lifetime for a lot of us. 8)
Well... that's quite a compliment! We're blessed to have access to alot of water out here, and each one holds it's share of "finds." We've found white bass in extreme numbers, black bass in feeder creeks, bull gills that will wear you out on UL gear, we've found some nice big channel cats in some little tiny ponds... Shellcrackers in spillways, crappie up in some backwaters around city lakes.

There's alot to explore out here as far as fishing goes. Still looking for that biiiig bluecat and flattie though... I know where they are, just need to get time to get the boat out and go get em!!

Thanks, bud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts