Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Hooking a boater

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  coloradokid 
#1 ·
I know a lot of people on here have joked that they wanted too, but this guy actually did....

http://tinyurl.com/gdvpw

Like a rafter has any way of avoiding you.........d-bag. IMO >:D

G
#2 ·
Jet skiers are one thing. If they're too close it's their personal choice to be a**holes. 

Someone in a whitewater raft is different.  Sometimes to be safe they don't have an option for what line to take.  I'd like to know more about the circumstances and whether the guide had an option to keep his boatload of folks away from the fisherman.

#4 ·
I have been real close to wanting to do that myself on the Yampa in Steamboat.  I always have tubers float over my flyline and actually have the nerve to ask if I am having any luck?  I have a hard time dealing with that but I guess they have as much right to be there as I do.  Sucks though!

#5 ·
Ok...... who's the wack (hehe)

GUNNISON, Colo. -- Woman on rafting trip snagged by fish hook

(AP) -- The Gunnison County sheriff's office says a New Mexico woman on a commercial rafting trip in southwestern Colorado was pierced in the lip by a fishing hook -- maybe on purpose.

Deputies said today that witnesses think it was done deliberately by a disgruntled fly fisherman on the banks of the Taylor River.

Investigators say they couldn't find the suspect.

The 51-year-old woman's name and hometown were not released. She was treated at a Gunnison hospital and released.

The incident was reported to deputies on July 17.

#8 ·
Re: Ok...... who's the wack (hehe)

Rafting down a river and a boat encrouching on your "territory" are two totally different things. Sometimes the only way or the safest way threw a section of water on a river raft is going to be where someone is fishing. Fisherman should understand this.
Now if this happened in a boat on a big lake I wouldnt feel bad for the boater, since even in the regulations it says stay 150 ft away from shore fisherman.

G
#9 ·
I think there is a big difference between this situation and say, what I had last weekend.

I was trolling probably 75 feet from the bouys at pueblo parallel to the damn with planer boards out about 25 feet. Had a guy in a big cabin type deal go between me and the bouys probably doing 40mph. And he gave me one of those disgusted looks when i flipped him off. I think i will buy one of those high power paint ball guns to keep in the boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.