Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this has been posted before but im curious .....in what situations do certian hooks shine....for me circle hooks using chicken liver have been great ive caught many fish that I would have lost using trebles ...but using shrimp and bluegills I still havent landed one with circles .....best time for trebles ?best time for kahle's? any other hooks

·
Registered
164 Posts
cut bait is best used for circles, you just got to hook it right, then ill bet you a catfish you will like cut bait and circle hooks.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
talking cats i would stay away from the trebles unless i really wanted to keep them all i all ways seam to have a heck of a time unhooking them.

when it comes to trout fishing with salmon eggs i use the smallest salmon egg hook i got unless im missing lots of bites then ill use a tiny treble like size 16-18 but i almost always use tiny trebles when power baiting but i only do that on put and take lakes as they usualy get hooked deep.drifting worms in streams i like a palin old size 10 bait holder maybe a little larger if use ing big crawlers whan actively drifting the worms i dont gut hook many fish

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I try and use circle hooks anytime im fishing bait. Im mostly c&r so the the CH I have the best chance of the fish NOT swollowing the hook.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Has anyone seen small light wire circle hooks in a size 8 or 10?...wondering if they mad a light wire circle hook for minnows and leeches for walleyes...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
zman said:
Has anyone seen small light wire circle hooks in a size 8 or 10?...wondering if they mad a light wire circle hook for minnows and leeches for walleyes...
I havent been able to locate any yet, I always have my eye out for them as well.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got some i think ...i have a buddys mom who works at eagle claw ive been given something like 500 dollars worth of hooks ive got a little bit of everything now ....even little tiny

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dont supose you could get the model # for those could ya?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the small light wire circles

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill look for the tags on them after work .....

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cool thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Eagle Claw light wire circle hook numbers are:
Offset - L197 or L2222
Non Offset- L2004 or L7228BP
Tight lines
Hammer

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sweet thanks

how small of sizes are those available in?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Smallest is size 14 and the style is actually an L702 Eagle Claw. Other styles I mentioned earlier have size 8
as the smallest.
Hammer

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice thats more what i was looking for

thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts