Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
master of the fly said:
DEAN I AM NOT JACKING THIS THREAD..btw r u comming back ?
Not too worried about the thread jack, been a long time since we talked. The thread will go where it goes...

So will I....

and Colorado ain't in our plans right now, Texas has been really good to us. We'll be in C Springs in July for about 8 days, I'll get 2 days on the water with the long rod. Maybe we can hit the Canyon?

Bring those Brats, a couple cold ones and that grill..... good times, bud, good times.

BHR

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That's a nice looking bug, Dean. Got a recipe or a link to one? :)

(Hoppers are a thing that's still lacking in my fly tying retinue - need to work on this summer!)

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fishingal said:
That's a nice looking bug, Dean. Got a recipe or a link to one? :)

(Hoppers are a thing that's still lacking in my fly tying retinue - need to work on this summer!)
#8, 6X long hook
Black 6/0 thread
Tail = red fibers, I used synthetic
Butt = yellow foam, then cut thin and run under the hook shank for the bottom of the body
Rib =brown or grizzly hackle
Wing =deer hair
Hackle = brown or gizzly hackle

get er done

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Great looking hopper man... I've been tying hoppers too, just a little smaller then yours. They are starting to come out here but they are small and stay samll in the high country so these should work.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Hey Dean, we are having a huge July 4th party on the 3rd... if by chance your in town, your definately invited. Family gig...

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oyey said:
Hey Dean, we are having a huge July 4th party on the 3rd... if by chance your in town, your definately invited. Family gig...
Jason, we'd love to be there for your party..... We'll be in Colorado later in the month for 8 or 9 days. Maybe we can hook up for a day?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts