Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Horseshoe Friday 06.03.16 and Saturday 06.04.16 from roughly 1pm to 6pm both days. Each day was sunny and in the low 80's with light winds from the N/NW. The dirt road looks to have been recently graded and in better condition than the paved road used to exit. Water clarity was 4-5'. Weeds were thick close to shore most places and the deeper water were sparse. Water temps ranges from 64 degrees (in 15-20 fow) to as high as 67 (in shallows 5-7 fow). Only a few boats and only a few groups of people fishing from shore. Fished slip bobber, did some trolling, and fished some kastmasters, each method produced stocker trout and one smallmouth bass. Boat inspection open from 6AM to 8PM and they must close a little early as on 06.04.16 I was there at 7:55 and it was already closed. Boat inspectors are very friendly and informative. I am looking forward to figuring out this water and neighboring Martin Lake as it is a very pleasant place.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Way to go Boom!!! THX for sharing!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good report-both lakes have some good fishing and never seem to be very crowded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts