Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my son out for the first time this season to Horsetooth today. It was a great day, water temp was still 46-48 degrees. I think I had better take up ice fishing as I seemed to forget how to cast without creating a big rat's nest on my baticaster. We tried jerkbaits off of the rocks and a variety of other lures like rat-l-traps and plastics. It was one of those days in which you just appreciate the time you are able to spend with your son. We were there late in the afternoon until about 730pm, but the only thing we caught was this rockfish:

This was the first rock either of us had caught and it was hooked very securely:

Later, a goose decided to follow us around and so my son offered him a snack:

On the way back home, we stopped to eat at.... Hooters, of course! It was actually his first time there, but I think he will want to be going back soon. All of the girls were flirting with him and they decided to do a little hokey-pokey dance around him, for no reason in particular. I took these shots with my cellphone:

I think these are the type of shots that a 5 year old really can't appreciate. Therefore, I will be saving them until he is old enough to realize just how lucky he was.

I'm sorry I didn't have any good news to report on the fishing side. Overall, it was still a very good day.
;D ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Atleast it was a good day. ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya, guys. I think this takes the phrase "living vicariously through your son" to a new level ;)

I think our next get together should end at one of these places, if that is OK with the ladies...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan said:
Work2fish..........

Ever feel like adopting? Let me give you my qualifications, 45 loves to fish, employed, all I lack is some one to take me to Hooters..........

Dan
Dan,

The only problem is that I don't think I could afford the tab that comes along with this "adoption"... :D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gotmuskie? said:
The son looks a little intimitated by the girls. Then again, if I was surrounded by a bunch of hotties I would be too.
Yea, me too. He was also a little tired as we didn't get there until about 9pm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts