Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up at 3:30AM this morning with plans to head to Horsetooth which is about 50 minutes from my house. I was on the lake at about 5AM and the sun was just beginning to light the horizon. The full moon was setting as the sun was rising and the moon was very bright -- that white spot on the water is its reflection:

I started fishing by going to Satanka Bay (at the northwest part of the lake) and fishing a variety of spoons, buzzbaits and plastics. I had no follows or bites. After about 30 minutes, I tried a 3" chartreuse grub and had some little smallmouths follow it back toward the boat. I had several bites and finally caught this smallmouth (about 12"):

No other bites there, so I tried trolling at the south end of the lake. The fish were at 20-40 FOW, but they would not bite on anything I was offering including a variety of crankbaits and spoons. It started to get very hot and the trolling was getting old so I decided to leave shortly afterwards.

Anyway, not much help but maybe people will get the idea of what not to try. As usual, it was a lot better to go fishing than to go into work... ;D

(sorry for quality of the pictures, btw, they came from a cellphone)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
How do you get picts off the cell phone? Do you have to send them to your E-mail, or can you download them straight to your computer? I'm not the most tech. person out there, and have some picts I need to get on. Sorry you didn't catch much @ Horsetooth, but like you said, it sure beats working.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JohnnyO19 said:
How do you get picts off the cell phone? Do you have to send them to your E-mail, or can you download them straight to your computer?
It totally depends on the cellphone you have. On mine, for example, can email the photos to yourself or transfer them over with a cable, SD card or Bluetooth (it's a combination PDA/phone). So the best place to start is the user manual that came with the phone itself since the process can be different...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I fished Horsetooth today from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Saw a bunch of fish all in 15-20 ft of water.

Got 4 walleye all about 14-16". Not too bad of a time but it was pretty warm.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Work2fish,

Hey at least you left the skunk at the lake. A so so day of fishing beats any day at work.

Nice photos from the camera phone regardless.

Pete

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete said:
Work2fish,

Hey at least you left the skunk at the lake. A so so day of fishing beats any day at work.

Nice photos from the camera phone regardless.

Pete
Zias: Sounds like you had much better luck. Here's hoping the skunk disappears by the time everyone else gets on the lake... :)

Pete: Yea, a camera phone is nice in that you always have a camera with you, but not so nice in the quality/resolution department.

T

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't have guess that picture came from a cell phone. Fishing pictures are always good to look at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts