Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold weather coming. Seems like the wiper, smallmouth and walleye don't like the transition / cold front. Fished from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Tried evrything from bottom bouncing worm harness, swim baits, verticle jigging, trolling with every hard bait in my box, with every color they make. Basically fished my ass off and was rewarded with one little smallmouth. Finder was marking plenty of fish, none of them wanted to take a rip at anything I was showing. Even had to dig deep and bust out a "Flying Lure" circa 1987 late night infomercial. You know it's bad when you go to the gimics. Oh well, I'll be back. ???

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Sorry to hear about what's happening. I'm quite sure, the lakes will redeem themselves as time goes by.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My son and I fished from shore up there today. We didn't so much as get a bite!

Pretty rare and the first time we have gotten skunked up there this year!

I gotta drop the boat in this week and get back on 'em.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dropped the boat in this afternoon at around 4:30 and pretty much trolled till 7.

I got one 16 inch rainbow, so, there was no smell of skunk on the ride home but it was less than what I had hoped for.

The fish were deep. The vast majority of fish were within 2-3 feet of the bottom and seemed to be in very deep water overall.... 45+ feet.

Someone's gotta figure out the secret up there this year. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts