Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were chatting with a Ranger/Mtce guy at Horsetooth last Thursday as he adjusted the docks at South Bay. He told us that Greeley has been drawing Horsetooth down a good bit, and that it has stirred up the water. Water temp was between 68 and 70, and I caught a few smallies on the east side using a ned rig with a crawfish noodle. I am new enough to this that I don't know what to fish on the bottom but ned rigs. Is that what I ought to be doing now that the temps are up, clarity is down?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Grab some swimn caffeine shads, four inch. Put quarter ounce jigheads on them. Work them fast along the bottom. I’ve always done well with pearl but I’d get some dark ones to try too just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
These are all from the tooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn whomp! I love the tooth. Grew up in Laporte and fished it alot with my dad as a kid. Also got my IT degree from CSU. A few years ago I caught a very impressive Rainbow from the tooth. They stocked it with some giant brood trout when the hatchery in the Poudre was in danger of going up in flames. Don't think they regularly stock trout in there though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts