Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.  Decided this morning that I would go out and try my luck fishing Horsetooth res at dawn.  So I went out and sat on the east side of the lake.  I tossed out a few different lures for about 30 mins and didn't catch anything.  I started to walk down the shore and saw a swirl in the water.  I tossed my 1/4 oz roostertail floursant yellow and pink at it.  I no more then had the lure hit the water when my line started disappearing off my line.  After about a good 5 minute fight, I finally got it to shore and the fish ended up being a good 26", 10-11lbs Wiper.  If I can ever get pictures from my buddy, I'll post it for all you na sayers.  This is the biggest catch I've ever had and will end up a trophy for years to come.  Needless to say, I stopped while I was ahead.  :D

Conditions were sunny, no clue on the water temp, and as I said, I was fishin from shore. 

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's awesome! I was up there today for about 4 hrs and all I got was a 15 inch walleye and a huge crawfish... he was probably 10 inches long! both released due to size restrictions :-[

·
Registered
769 Posts
Would catch a wiper or two once in awhile when trolling for walleye at Horsetooth
a few years back. Good to know that they are still in there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
IMHO they should have restructuired the size limit on Walleye and SMB in that lake years ago it has been messed up for nearly the entire 10 years I have lived up around this area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts