Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the nothern shores and didnt get even a bite. How ever i did catch a lizard that was that. Would a belly boat be a good Idea or not

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a guy tell me that you have to learn how not to fish Horsetooth B4 you will catch anything... ::) Great... Thanks..
anyhow.. try using 1/8 oz jigs and 3" grubs.. white or chartreuse.. should catch ya some walleye and bass... and every once in a while a trout. fish the points and fish slow!! u will end up breaking off here and there, but worth it!! O if u use a float tube I would hang in the coves!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, what he said. For right now, stick to shallower water in the coves. Santanka Bay, Inlet Bay, or enter from Lory State Park and hike to the bays on the west side. The fish are going to be shallow right now. I had been catching quite a bit there in the last week and a half or so but got skunked Friday and Saturday so I'm going to give it a rest for now. A belly boat would be good in the coves.

In the summer when the water gets warm the fish will be suspended more off of points and deeper rip-rap such as that found around dams or at the entrances to coves. A belly boat at that point would be suicidal because a 40' yacht will mow you down.

You will lose a lot of lures in the rocks at horsetooth which sucks. I tend to stick with cheap stuff there...no $10 crankbaits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts