Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started working for a new company. Looks like they expect everyone to work 70 hours or more a week.. So i may not get much fishing in until I am out of the hole or find a better job. But the location we have been at is near a county agency who took over a out of business nursery that had installed a little show pond... And the nursery put bass in it, and one large carp.. So I had a break today at lunch and some time to kill before I received new marching orders and a fly rod in my car.. There is no "No Fishing Sign. The bass were not huge, but for a pond that i could entirely cover without moving they were good enough. Then the govt slugs came out and were upset that I was fishing the pond where "Their pet fish live". I said that my barb was pinched and I was putting them right back. The lady I talked to said OK and walked off. So I kept pestering these amusingly uneducated fish. It was fun, i could sight fish and watch them chase the bugger. A few minutes later another lady came out and said to one of my coworkers that she was trying to "Contact my boss to make me stop" Kinda douche baggy if you ask me, if you want me to stop just ask me too. Preferably close enough for me too hear you!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I'd say if they chill out and let you fish it in peace keep it quiet, if it is indeed public and they keep getting butthurt....hotspot baby.

Made me laugh with the post Bugz.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had no intention of putting up even a vague post about it until they started messing with me. I won't be able to fish it now since they will call my boss, besides our project is done there. I had high hopes of catching the carp in that puddle, since it is close to home and that carp might be dumber than the ones in our other CO sprgs ponds. But I dont think it is possible. Once I started catching bass he disappeared. And the bass were nearly impossible to keep of the line. I fished for about 10 minutes and caught fish on almost every cast. And I was not joking about the size.. That is the far bank in the back ground of the picture. Caught a couple that were maybe two inches larger than this one.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Shouldn't hot spot it, just keep it in your back pocket for those times you need a fix on a weekend when the government clones aren't at the office...I have one of those.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You're "find a better job" seems like the way to go on this one. Would not want to work with people that anal. That they would rather try and get you in trouble with your boss instead of talking to you makes them seem small and vindictive.

Life is to short to work with people like that.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
So, if your not doing anything wrong, why do You care if they call your boss?

Glad you are clearly interested in what is best for the fishery.:rolleyes: Sounds to me like there is more than one douche bag in this story.

·
Registered
902 Posts
So, if your not doing anything wrong, why do You care if they call your boss?

Glad you are clearly interested in what is best for the fishery. Sounds to me like there is more than one douche bag in this story.
Hotspotting is never kosher and will bring you bad fish karma. Maybe why you didn't lunk up ;) I thought people thought bass were sacred in colorado. I personally won't eat anymore after finding out worms in the meat is common. The ones I ate were from a private pond on private property.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Pretty lame, selfish, and an act of Grade A Douchbaggery to get your revenge and ruin something special like that for who knows how many people, present and future. Just so you can have the satisfaction of pissing one or two people off.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Pretty lame, selfish, and an act of Grade A Douchbaggery to get your revenge and ruin something special like that for who knows how many people, present and future. Just so you can have the satisfaction of pissing one or two people off.
x2

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I don't think he was serious about hotspotting. Just frustrated with the people he is working with. Frustration
can lead to hyperbole.

I also don't think he was serious about making personal fishing kits for the homeless. ;)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I had no intention of putting up even a vague post about it until they started messing with me. I won't be able to fish it now since they will call my boss, besides our project is done there. I had high hopes of catching the carp in that puddle, since it is close to home and that carp might be dumber than the ones in our other CO sprgs ponds. But I dont think it is possible. Once I started catching bass he disappeared. And the bass were nearly impossible to keep of the line. I fished for about 10 minutes and caught fish on almost every cast. And I was not joking about the size.. That is the far bank in the back ground of the picture. Caught a couple that were maybe two inches larger than this one.

Sounds like he was serious..See the same thing with people that may only have the intention of fishing a lake once a year...or once in a lifetime..They aren't going back...so they don't really care.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Sorry,

Did not see that post-makes no sense to do that. Just mean spirited.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Today is a painfully slow day on CF... :biggrin1: Fortunately, a little bit of vengeance saves the day. Vengeance for political vendettas, that is... :lol:

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
^^^^^^ LMAO!!! Well this thread went as I thought it would, entertaining but pushed the limit finally...Bug will be Bug!!! I took out the inappropriate statements here and will continue to monitor this...well I don't know what it is!! :peep::yo:

P.S. Where you been lately Bug? :biggrin1:
http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150601/b661812/

·
Registered
253 Posts
...... I took out the inappropriate statements here and will continue to monitor this...
You should try to do a compilation of the "Best of" comments that have been edited out under your tenure and post them in the Off Topic forum. It could be a "sticky" thread that you (and only you) could add to. I'm sure there are some brilliant gems that are simply inappropriate for the other forums.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
You should try to do a compilation of the "Best of" comments that have been edited out under your tenure and post them in the Off Topic forum. It could be a "sticky" thread that you (and only you) could add to. I'm sure there are some brilliant gems that are simply inappropriate for the other forums.
To tell you the truth there really isn't that much! Hope the change here is welcomed as I see a lot more people coming in and new members starting to post more and asking questions. Like I said...Bug will be Bug! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I think that isn't a bad idea, but the stupidity in this thread was the location of the small pond. It was as vindictive as it was stupid.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts