Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my first post as far as posting picture. So here it goes. These pictures were taken over the last couple of days at some local ponds in longmont. Yesturday while most other people (non-fisherman) were watching the NFL draft or Doing other things I went to these ponds. A friend of mine and I caught a bunch of smaller bass ranging from 12 to 15 inches. Then as the evening set appon Us I hooked into a nice 3.5 Pounder. As as we moved around the ponds I hooked into an nice 4.75 # and then the biggest of the nite is the picture with the red Jacket on. The fish was 21inches long and 14inches at the girth. Now I thought for sure it was at least 6 or close to 7 # but the fish calculators online show it to be 5.5. She was a brute. I was fishing with Suspended jerkbaits and any type of minnow baits. Looks like the fish are now in the prespawn and should be
spawning in the next couple of weeks. Water temp was 55 to 58 Degrees and they in about 5 ft of water. I have more pics to add later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts