Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down by 22 points to #5 Texas and they storm back to win it! :eek: There is hope for CU hoops after all!! :) ;D

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Flashback said:
And they took out K-State twice. They should be considered for the dance. Go Jayhawks!!!
You would think that with 2 wins ovewr K-State and wins over Texas and Mizzou that they may just get in.

But, you're right, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe. It's gonna be close.... We'll see what happens the next couple of games.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Seems like it's gonna be tough! 18 wins right now and in 7th place in the BIG 12! Only 2 more games. My guess is not this year! Great season for sure though! CSU seems to have more of a chance! I think they have the 47th hardest schedule! That will help them! Good to see the local teams doing good for a change!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Definitely on the bubble. They make the semi's of the big 12 tournie, I think they're in for sure. Anything short of that and it's bubble bursted and NIT bound. But a great showing in the NIT which is more feasible than marginal success in the big dance could do wonders for recruiting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
Seems like it's gonna be tough! 18 wins right now and in 7th place in the BIG 12! Only 2 more games. My guess is not this year! Great season for sure though! CSU seems to have more of a chance! I think they have the 47th hardest schedule! That will help them! Good to see the local teams doing good for a change!
Hard to believe that with SOOO many teams in the dance CU almost never makes it... why is it so hard for them? They've beat several ranked teams.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
fisheyb said:
baetisrun1 said:
Hard to believe that with SOOO many teams in the dance CU almost never makes it... why is it so hard for them? They've beat several ranked teams.
They lose to many bad teams also, my guess would be UNC makes the tourney out of the Colorado teams, CSU has to beat San Diego State this week or they are pretty much done.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
fisheyb said:
baetisrun1 said:
There are something like 32 conferences. So 32 out of 65 are automatic berths from their conference. That leaves you with 33 at large bids. When you separate that out among the top conferences like the ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big 10, WAC, MWC, SEC, Pac 10 and even the MAC, thats not a lot of spots. On a good year, 5 teams from the big 12 make it. On a bad year, it's 3 or 4. On very rare years, 6 will make it.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the first year the tournament will have 68 teams. So that gives CU 3 more slots to shoot for.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
This is the first year the tournament will have 68 teams. So that gives CU 3 more slots to shoot for.
I didn't know that. Heard they were talking about expanding it to 96 teams. As much as that sounds insane, I actually like it. There are way too many bubble teams, and you don't really need the NIT tournie.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CU at Iowa State tomorrow night and home for Nebraska on Saturday ~ both winnable games. If they win both, that might be enough, even if they don't win a game in the Big XII tournament. I'd like to see them at least get to the dance.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
CU at Iowa State tomorrow night and home for Nebraska on Saturday ~ both winnable games. If they win both, that might be enough, even if they don't win a game in the Big XII tournament. I'd like to see them at least get to the dance.
Last year in the big 12, I'd like to see them find a way to actually win the big 12 tournie and get that automatic bid. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts