Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wondered about this and I never can tell about any type of fish that I catch if it is a female or a male so that I can release it into other lakes and they can spawn and make more than having to catch many eggs hatched.

DO YOU KNOW??? ???

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I'm pretty sure its illegal to run a stocking program out of the back of your pickup. God knows many of us on this site are disillusioned with the DOW. I feel your pain. :( Ed

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean I want to put both a rainbow male and female in the ponds by kb homes, which is in longmont, co and get a spread of them thoe, dow can say anything because it isn't their property KB HOMES owns it, its on their land/home development. 8)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I can't imagine rainbows would have a successful spawn in a pond in Longmont . Maybe I'm all wrong-I have been all wrong before. ;D Now largmouth bass are a different story-stock the lake then call me in 5-6 years. Ed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Point one: nasty things sometimes happen when fish (and their assorted parasites, hangers-on, etc.) are transplanted anywhere without oversight (though my Dad did that with a big backyard pond when he retired). Point two: in the spawning season, it's easy enough to tell -- this has happened to me many times -- while unhooking a fish, it spurts silt or eggs onto my pants. If it's eggs, it's female; other wise -- well, you get it. Wife makes me disrobe in garage when I've been sprayed by either.

D

·
0 Posts
Pike Hunter said:
I mean I want to put both a rainbow male and female in the ponds by kb homes, which is in longmont, co and get a spread of them thoe, dow can say anything because it isn't their property KB HOMES owns it,  its on their land/home development. 8)
Transporting and transplanting game fish is illegal.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
dkooser said:
Transporting and transplanting game fish is illegal.
This is correct so I'm going to lock this topic.... Before it gets out of hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.