Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Havent been there in over a decade...going blind going alone...its gonna be balmy 40 degrees...gonna fish nates shin dig until noon meet some west slopers...take the palm tree for a stroll...I will prolly get blanked...gonna try and find perch in the afternoon...gotta do something dumb once in awhile...sorry slayer and brababrewski pueblo should be fun...Scott (justfish) I didnt like the wind level at the delaney tourney...I wanted to fish that with you again too...I hope you win you have put your time in there and deserve to...

So Blue mesa by 8 am...4 hour zelinsky shin dig...afternoon for perch...drive back...rinse and repeat...how far will you have you driven for one day...I will finish this report good or bad...

Tony sorry you couldnt have gone...Hobie you should of gone!...Don In Durango sorry you have a date tonight...at your age you should be renting!...lol...time to crank cant drive 55...sammy hagger...

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually I am going there to buy the winning powerball ticket...

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Good luck down there bud! Long ways!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

I used to travel to lakes frequently. Traveling from 15 mins. to 5 hrs.
For the last 15 years I've fished South Park. Bought a home in the area.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it turned into the ZMS Titanic...Got to the Antero vicinity...got an engine check light on my Subaru...my F150 gets them a lot usually oxygen sensors but a lot of miles on my 2003 subaru and never had one...knew I still had a 110 miles plus the 250 home...couldnt chance it and turned around...Grabrewski picked up a code reader on amazon for $40 I will be ordering one so I can see what it is at the time and if it is somerthing major or not...didnt have any issues...was tempted to keep going since it had oil, coolant, etc wasnt over heating etc...so I errored on the side of caution...major dissapointment...I would of been there by 7...loZer...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
gl.
how far? when i first bought my boat. i was dying to get it on the water. and was new to the boat deal. thought from c springs to granby isnt bad for a first trip. got to granby and it was snowing like it shouldnt be for a boat trip. soooo decided to go from c springs, denver to granby. to c springs denver, granby, and then off to grand junction to get to blue mesa, for the first time in the boat. ended up driving for hours for iirc 3 hours of daylight...... came back hwy 50, one BIG circle......
id drive to flmaing gorge for a day on the lake there for a few jigged up trophies or a chance at a double or tripple hookup.
oh edit. on ce light, i got a exhaust recirculatory issue on my fishing car in the form of ce light, havent taken it out of the neighborhood since. im hoping egr valve.. thats the easy fix... gl subarus are reliable machines.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car trouble Zman. I was at an auto parts store a while back and they said that they will read your check engine trouble for free. Think it was Auto Zone but not sure.

·
Registered
936 Posts
z, you can take your car to any autozone or similar shops and they will ready your codes for free. I've done it on several occasions. It will save you both time and money.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
That's too bad Z. I had a feeling that you were going to break the state Mac record this trip.....

Most of the autoparts stores will read the code for you. I had AutoZone do it a couple times. Sometimes you might have to do some research on what the code actually means.

Good luck.

And as far as traveling, my limit is 250 - 300 miles one-way for a fishing trip. That makes for a long day.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i know they do that but not much open at 430 am..gonna spend the 40 bucks and throw it in with the jumper cables and tools and other ish...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Schucks, Z... I was getting excited to hear the end of the story when I read your initial post. I have traveled 6 hours by myself before, but not in one day. The farthest I have gone by myself in one day is a lake 3 hours away. You are hardcore! But I already knew that.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I don't think I could bring myself to drive more than 3 hours for a single day of fishing and drive back the same day. Driving happens to be one of my least favorite things to do so if I can avoid to long car rides in one day I try to

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok i got in my old man nap in...a product of up by 2 am and depression from having to turn around...and was woken up by a Grababrewski text of a Slayer picture of two walleye keepers in the box...and then depression set in...everyone is fishing but me...

Linh I just needed to get out of town to somewhere new and gunnison was supposed to be a balmy 40 which it is always bitter cold...I texted Nate Z a 2.4 pound laker won it...MRTs, browns, perch and lakers caught...zIsaSadPanda that he missed it...my wife knows I am a fishing retard and derelict...

Yeah Andy I would of went with you...but I have to admit I didnt advertise for someone because I wasnt convinced I was going until last night at 4pm when i registered from work...even I was worried I was gonna back out...so dont be too hard on your friends...once I got on the road i was stoked...

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
now days I travel 4 miles each way, I will do the 100 miles to t-dad once this year. I will travel 3-4 hundred miles if we stay 5 days or more.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heard from Scott that a 38.36 inch combined length and girth fish won the Delaney tourney today...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
300 miles. Furthest is box butte or maybe cedar bluff....

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Lets see- Strasburg to R-Gap one dayers , strasburg to Steamboat , Some 1-dayers to the flattops- a 3.5 hr drive then a 2hr hike to the lake.Leave at 2am get home at midnight.

Strasburg to trinidad hauling the boat - thats like 8-9 hrs of total driving.

My longest 1-dayers are pretty much 450 miles RT.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts