Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good question & something I've been wondering:

Tiger muskie facts
What are they: Tiger muskellunge are a sterile hybrid of northern pike and muskellunge.

About the fish: Tiger muskies grow rapidly, attaining a length of 20 inches in their first year and 30 inches in their second year. They are ambush predators, feeding primarily on baitfish.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2009/07/18/651118/catching-tiger-muskie-takes-cast.html

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The last tiger I saw at Quincy was the year before last, a 30" fish that I took to be a male. It followed up a bait and hung out by the boat for thirty minutes or so. Just followed me around like a dog. I really had very little interest in hooking it, but I did do a half-hearted figure eight...

SS

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Bionic Man said:
Funny. The volounteer at Arvada told me last week that it hasn't been stocked with anything but trout for years.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bionic Man said:
Funny. The volounteer at Arvada told me last week that it hasn't been stocked with anything but trout for years.
for real? those old guys are getting crazy. i wonder whose telling the truth. any place to check the DOW site for stocking of anything other than trout?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
To my knowledge, there is only one true Ranger at Arvada.  I think his name is Mike, and I've only seen him at the lake a couple of times.  The rest are all volunteers that work one shift per week and are pretty questionable about their knowledge so your guess is as good as mine as to what is accurate. For what it's worth, the Fxr stocking report shows channel cats, small mouth and walleye stocked since 2008, but no Tigers.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bionic Man said:
To my knowledge, there is only one true Ranger at Arvada. I think his name is Mike, and I've only seen him at the lake a couple of times. The rest are all volunteers that work one shift per week and are pretty questionable about their knowledge so your guess is as good as mine as to what is accurate. For what it's worth, the Fxr stocking report shows channel cats, small mouth and walleye stocked since 2008, but no Tigers.
dang man, the guy got me all twitterpated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts