Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be going to horsetooth tomorrow with a boat and wanted to see how the fishin was... i went last year and not even a bite? and any suggestions on what to use?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Got a question-my son is up at Greeley (he goes to UNC) and I'm down here in CS so we're gonna meet up at Horsetooth some Sat. in June. Do they have a swim beach? Do they have a marina and do they have any type of concession-food, drinks, etc. Finally, does anybody know the phonje number to call to stay in one of those cabins they just built? Ed

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I think you can get the number of the DOW website. Just go to conditions reports on the fishing page go down to horsetooth and click on more info. It takes you to a horsetooth website.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thanks Jay, thats a great little site. Couldn't help but notice that under boating regs they have its unlawful to operate a personal watercraft while facing backwards!! Hard to believe they would actually have to put that into print. :eek: Ed

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
May want to check this post out and look for the nice smallmouth:

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=1110.15

I was at Horsetooth today, but using lures. Only caught one small smallmouth and then had my rod and reel ripped out of its holder by a boat that passed me too close so I just gave up for the day. Talked to another guy at the boat dock who said fishing was slow.

Should be a bit colder tomorrow. Let us know how it goes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts