Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been fishing (locally) in a couple of months since I have been so darn busy...and hardly even home. I was thinking about the boat sitting in my garage and wondering when I should winterize it.

How late in the season is Chatfield boatable? I assume it freezes, right? That may help me decide if I want to hit it another time or two before dragging it down for some winter work.

TIA

L

·
0 Posts
You have plenty of time to fish Chatty. It could be open till December.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
2004 the last day I had my boat on Chatty I believe was Sunday Dec 19th and last year it was the cold snap week...I think was the first week in December...

M

·
0 Posts
They also open the ramps intermittently during the winter. Last year there was a 3 week stretch where the ramps were open and the lake was open for boating. I think it was in January, and then again sometime in late February it opened up again. Lake frozen before and after. No docks in the water at the time.

D

·
0 Posts
poldervaart said:
How late in the season is Chatfield boatable?  I assume it freezes, right? 
I've had my boat out there on New Years Day in years past. Had the lake all to myself!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I've had my boat out there on New Years Day in years past. Had the lake all to myself!
The chant goes up for more global warming!...purely selfish...encore!...encore!!...encore!!!...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts