Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 101 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the advantage of only working 9-10 days a month so I was able to fish 109 days last year. How about you?

How many days did you fish?

Count everyday you wetted a line. It doesn't matter if you had the time to make 1 cast or 1000. If you wetted a line it counts!

Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know exactly how many daysI fished last year...but probably over 40. 10 day camping/fishing trip...plus numerous weekends and a few after-work adventures!

·
Registered
943 Posts
you guys are lucky i got in about 25 days and alot of that was night fishing for catfish up at adams county fairgrounds

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I said between 41-50. Maybe a little more than every other weekend, plus 10 days in Michigan, 3 days on lake Powell, and a few long weekends.

M

·
0 Posts
over summer, i fished every day...literally, then everyday after school that i didnt work....i was say at least a 100 days, even if its just the short trip to chatfield

this is my slow time of ear though, only been 5 times in january

·
Registered
797 Posts
I am right there with mustang. Everyday after work and school and all day on the weekends. Lots of all nighters too, but sometimes I only fish for an hour or two. All together I would say I fished at least 160 days in 2005.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I estimate 50, total, but not all day. That's the number of days I estimate I spent at least some time fishing.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I said between 75 and 100. My new job gives me summers off so this year I hope to max out my fishing days.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
I added 'em up from my fishing journal: 76. Not as mant as prior years,but I hope to hit 100 again this year.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I envy those of you who can fish more than 50 times a year.  My days of 100 or 150 trips per year are over...work and family responsibilities took care of that.

I still managed about 25 trips, and I can't complain about some of those...I had an above averafge year in terms of the quality of fish I caught, just not the quantity.  My new philosophy is "you don't get to go fishing much, so when you do go, make it count...if you can sit behind your desk with a silly grin that lasts until the next fishing trip, you've done well."

Still, I miss the days when my float tube's cover never dried out, my thumbs suffered from chronic "bass thumb", and my waders were, well, "fruity" because they never had a chance to dry out.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I asked my girlfriend and she said at least 100 days in 05....I think shes wrong....maybe 75. HMMMMM

I worked at Celestica in fort collins at the time and we worked MON - thurs. I had 1/2 of Thurs...all of Friday and the weekend.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I hit around 240 days in 2005 and plan to raise that to about 300 in 2006. It's on track, so far.

Retirement is good. ;D But if I couldn't fish I would probably go crazy. I treat fishing just like I used to treat my job. Get up in the morning, throw down a couple of cups of coffee, grab my stuff and take off. Only now my office has waves lapping at the edge, and sunshine, and birds singing.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I am thinking at least 70 times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dan said:
I have the advantage of only working 9-10 days a month so I was able to fish 109 days last year.  How about you? 

How many days did you fish?

Count everyday you wetted a line.  It doesn't matter if you had the time to make 1 cast or 1000.  If you wetted a line it counts!

Dan
I work a three day work week, and fish three or four days out of that week. Some days I fish after work at Chatfield going after the walleys.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm in the 100+ days a year club. I always fish at least one entire day a week. It's good for the soul. During the warmer months (and the colder ones) I'm on the poudre before or after work as much as I can. Late last year I discovered the riverbend ponds. I was there every day. I also go on various trips through out the year. I hope I can be as productive this year. I'm trying to cram ALOT of school into one semester so I can get that diploma. I wish I was smart enough to have applied myself when I was younger. Oh well, don't worry I'm sure I'll get a good amount of time in.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The wife says 300 times...I say 40.

F

·
0 Posts
over 300 days...Fishing in an addiction only other fisherman understand ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been fishing a number of times (51 to 75) at 11 mile, Pueblo, Lake McConaughy, and at Fort Carson Reservation. This year I want to expand my travels to Blue Mesa Res, Chatfield, and Cherry Creek. Also want to expand from doing one tournament to tw ;Do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts