Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I do in lakes and on some streams...and have caught bigger fish on them, especially browns. i know ive caught some that i wouldnt have otherwise enticed with a more traditional dry or nymph presentation...so it does work.

i usually dont fish it in areas that are crowded or with buddies...dragging streamers through a hole or run can cause the fish to spook and the hole to be unfishable for a short time..so its something i usually do alone or on bigger water. on lakes....its a favorite and can regulary produce fish if you do it right.

so yeah...i like streamers.....

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
If you're going to do all that, why not just switch to a nice ultralight spinning rod and really clean up on those rascals.
:)

How dare you suggest i taint my hands with the likes of a spinning rod....for shame...

yeah right...we all know ill fish with anything that has line and hooks on it...if i cant get my hands on a flyrod, that is ;)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
those looks like a variation of the tried and true Pistol Pete....a fish producer if there ever was one. ive seen those work when all of my "custom" ties didnt do anything but spook fish...

as far as your "best fly fisherman" comment...i think i sense a bit of sarcasm...but i can live with that ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.