Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I get so irritated at the fish in 11 Mile who won't take a perfectly good dry imitation or nymph that I'm going to get back at them. I'm making up some really obnoxious wooly buggers in bright colors like chartreuse and day glo orange, with a lot of krystal flash and flashabou. To top it all off, I'm going to put propellers on them to get some lateral line stimulation going. No longer can they rest quietly in their pools in the Canyon, laughing at me. I'm gonna swim my super buggers in front, to the side and all around Mr. Trout until he gets so irritated that he bites out of aggression.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If you're going to do all that, why not just switch to a nice ultralight spinning rod and really clean up on those rascals.

Actually, I do carry a second (telescoping) 4 1/2 foot ultralight with me. I have to hide it from the fly fisherman, but I do clean up with it when all else fails. I also have to hide my collection of pistol petes because everyone I fish with makes fun of me for using them. The last time I went to 11 Mile, I pulled out my spinning rod and spinner combo and my bro' said "are you using a spinning rod?!!" ...as if it were a crime. Just as I was pointing out to him that it was a flies AND lures section, I got our first and only fish of the day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.