Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In years past I would always fish the standard dry fly and nymphs patterns with good success. Then 4 years ago I started fishing with a buddy who fished almost exclusivley streamers and could not believe the size difference in the fish he was catching. I would usually catch more fish, but almost always he would end up catching the bigger fish. I have since become more of a streamer fisherman and wondered how many of you fish streamers regularly?

If you have never fished streamers before, I would strongly suggest you give it a shot. The strikes are unreal and nothing like the suttle movement of your indicator!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sure is kind of funny when you mention "spin fishing" to a routine fly fisherman. Like most when I was younger I use to fish with lures all the time, but as I got older I wanted to try something different. I have nothing against spin fisherman, but there definately seems to be some kind of tension between the two. Why is that?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah Slayer I agree with you about the Muddler Minnow, but the only thing I've noticed is the deer hair causes the pattern ride higher in the water. Oh well that's what lead and tungsten cones are for!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.