Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really choose not to icefish in tournaments. It really isn't my thing. I like personal space and enjoying everything. It seems that if you are fishing in a tournament you are losing sight of what is the most important; having fun fishing. I know I'm gonna get some arguements about that, many of them probably make sense, but that is just my personal preference.
Also, has anyone here ever won a tournament?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I have never fished a tournament, but I think its just because I'm not secure enough on any of the lakes they are usually held on. As long as your wetting a line I could care less if its in a tourney or by myself... Fishing in the city can be more crowded then fishing in a tourney sometimes I'm sure. Plus you have a chance to win money and prizes why not! I will be up for the WSA charity tournament for sure this year, maybe I'll catch some of you western slopers there.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I'll fish in the wsa charity tourney but I will help out a lot with organizing it. I really believe in charity work.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I fish in some tourneys. I just like the competition. I haven't won any but I have been in the top 10 in the big granby ones. To me the toutneys are fun and exciting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Daughter and I fished a Granby tournament last winter. It was really fun for us. She caught a 20" Lake Trout and I caught a 17" one. They had all kind of stuff going on. Girl scouts were selling buritos that were so bad my daughter used hers for a warmer. It was a beautiful day and we had a blast. We went over to Beacons Landing Marina and weighed hers in but did not win. I would enter another just for the fun of it.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Haha Great pictures, its always great when the kids are into it.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice story and nice pics. I bet she's hooked for life!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
me and my girl fish the ice tourneys in north park, we do okay,it is kind of fun and frustrating in the same way as you are competing against 150 or so other people to showcase your talents on a given lake. it definetely makes us try harder to catch fish. it actually is a cool change of pace from regular relaxing weekend fishing, gives you something exciting to plan for kind of like a mission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts