Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see what everyone has to say about this. I have 12 ice rods. 3 heavy poles for pike or lake trout. 2 ultralights that I use at lakes like Tarryall, Skaguay, Cottonwood, or Clear Creek. 3 lightweights that are a blast at Antero or Elevenmile with the right line and drag setting. And 4 mediums with spring tips. Got a tip up too, but it doesn't even have line on it.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Around 30 including evrerything from wispy little rods for perch up to custom lake trout rods designed for big fish. That number also includes a small personal stash of Bernie Rods. :D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Too many...need to get rid of some...

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
my pops (back in the 80's) would take a normal 5 6 or 6 foot rod, take the top half off, cut the bottom half off at the handle and somehow secure the top half to the handle. then make indicators out of piano wire. not bad if u ask me for the hippie era ;D.... to many to count maybe 20.

·
Registered
37 Posts
around 12 or so,hey GG i might have one of your pops poles got it from a guy at work years ago old baitcaster taped on the last end of a rod never used it yet

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
What types? Why for?

I have -a Medium Heavy casting setup(for fishing deep).

-a Medium for trouts.(Ugly Stick) I was surprised how much I
like this one.

-a Light/UL for perch.

-a couple tip-ups

-one of those ridiculous heavy HT Ice Blues rods. (To sit in the corner and do nothing.)

·
Registered
866 Posts
12+
I've been making light and medium flex ice rods from old recycled fiberglass rods.
Really cool to catch fish on homemade gear, including lures and jigs.
Got some real relics, but they all still fish well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
4 Mack rods
2-ultra light
4-medium
and you know whats funny every year I ad about 2 to 3 rods and it still seems like i dont have enough

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Around a dozen...A variety for the type of ice fishing i am doing. One of my first was a tweety bird kids rod with piano wire strike indicator...It delivered many fish before it was retired.

·
Registered
127 Posts
20 plus. I just bought six Gentz rods on ebay. They are selling them in 3 packs for about $20. They are awesome. I also bought several ultra light spinning reels that are made in China. They run about $15 each. They are well built and look great. Oops,......make that nine rods on ebay! Also, check out the jigging minnows that are made in Russia by Agua. I bought five of them and they are like ones you have never seen before!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Just two. If I break 1, I'll buy another. I'm only allowed to use 2 poles. Now, if you talk about jigs lures etc. I have 100's. Both the rods are medium with indicaters. PK

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well, about five or six of my own. Back to six thanks to macman for finding the one hubby lost at Jefferson! ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 5,
2 light 2 medium and 1 home made rod that looks like a 30-30.

Took my Dad to Deweese last year and only brought 1 rod so I had to strip some line and wrap it on a twig, only thing that got a fish that day, but I dont count it, made me feel good though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts