Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I have a couple that I inherited from my Great Grandfather. Pretty cool, but old. I have used em but very little. SLOW from what I remember! I fished em with dry flies for smaller trout. Pretty cool, but I don't think I'll use em much more!

Jim

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I have a cheapo one, but don't fish it... If I had a high dollar one, I would't likely use it either....

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have two, but don`t use them as they are quite old and collectable . One is dated around 1890 and the other is from the late `20s.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got a Gould RR 93 taper that my dad built and I am working on a Dickerson 8013. The action is nice and fast, just a bit heavier than graphite. Have caught many species from 15 lb carp to tiny stockers. It has thrown nymphs, dries, and plenty of streamers. Was using it all the time but not so much lately as the ferrule needed to be rewrapped.

Its nice knowing what kind of work goes into making a rod, and its cool knowing that I can make everything I fish with from scratch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Was lucky enough to save about a dozen bamboo rods from being thrown away. Long story. 1/2 home made High quality rods and the rest a mix of Riley Cooper, Pocono, Montague Clipper etc.. A few vises and tying gadgets that I have no clue what for. Don't fly fish though. Maybe this should go under Buy and Sell section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts