Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to go to canada fishing every year . I drive up through the Dakotas to cranberry portage it is about a 23 hour drive. How many of you go to canada fishing? The reason I ask is, I am planing a trip spring 2006 and the more people who go, the bigger the discount the lodgeing is. I would be happy to try and put together a trip for those interested, I have been going there for the past 7 years and  i know the lakes pretty well. Just an idea  to see how many people go up there.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I canoe the BWCA occasionally i binge and buy the canadian permits but the fishing is relatively the same so I usually stay in the US on the Minnesota side.

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Me,bro,and a pal used to go every year till 3 yrs ago.The fishing didnt seem to be that much better,dont get me wrong,it was excellent-but not worth the expense.Although we had a hellova good time on vancouver island catching 40lb kings.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Me and my brother used to go up to Bella Coola BC every year to fish the Bella Coola and Atnarko river for Springs up to 40lbs and Dog Salmon up to 15. Our Uncle owns a fishing lodge up there so all we had to do Is pay for the flight and the rest was free. He's selling it though so Im not sure if we'll make it back. I wont miss getting chased by a 400lb grizzly though,

-Jay

·
Registered
86 Posts
I go every Memorial Day week to Gull Rock lake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pine Cliff Lodge just north of Dryden, Ontario is the heat! Not only do they have incredible Smallmouth/Pike/Laker fishing, it's a drive-in lake for well under a grand a week. They really took care of me when I had to cancel a trip and deploy to Iraq. They had a 53 3/4" pike caught(and released) a couple of years back. I can't forget how awesome the food is too. I'll be there in two months while fishing my way up to International falls!

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts