• 7+ Rods

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was "cleaning" out my trunk. After counting up the 7 rods I had in there, it made me think, how many rods does the average fishing junkie normally have in their car? I'm not talking about rods that you put in there for a special trip. I'm talking 'bout the rods that you leave in there just in case the urge and opprotunity to fish comes up.

I normally have 6 rods in my car: 3 fly rods, 2 spinning rods, and one baitcaster. But for special trips I might put several more in there, just in case.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i generaly just keep 2 small spinning outfitts in my riggs but have recently started keeping my fly rod to so that would be 3 at this point

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I have 6 in the car right now.
3 in the boat
4 in my storage closet

thats why im broke.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I normally have 4-6 in my Jeep, unless the woman makes me take them out. I have my two normal rods I use plus one for my kid, then I have my fly rod plus the kids fly rod. Usually 6, right now there are only 4 though.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I usually have four spinning rods with me - heavy, medium, light, and ultra light; with line weights 20 lb., 14 lb., 8 lb., and 4 lb. respectively plus spare spools with other weights to go up or down from there. Not to mention about 75 lb. of tackle distributed amongst 3 or 4 tackle boxes at any given time. Plus drinking water, a couple of MRE's, a first aid box and a snakebite kit.

That's not nearly enough stuff, I realize, but it's all the jump seat area behind the front seat of my truck will hold. :)

W. E.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I have most of my rods in my boat. Though I almost always keep a couple in my car. Right now I have 4.

In the wintertime that number will jump to about 8. Ice rods take up so much less space!

Dan

A couple of years ago I counted all my rod/reel combos. Counting winter and summer equipment I had 23 complete combinations. Now I am down to 17. I expect to actually drop that a couple more and eliminate some of my lower quality stuff.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i dont even want to think of my total what with fresh and salwater gear i might hurt my self

C

·
0 Posts
I have 6 spinning rods, one fly rod, and 4 catfish rods in my little car, not to mention about 50 lbs in tackle and other equipment. I'm glad my car has a back seat! :-\

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
5 complete rods, 40 pounds of fishing gear...3 life vests incase I stop for my boat in storage, and my fish finder and net...have to be ready to go at a moments notice...oh and I still have 6 dozen leeches still in good shape...they have a bunch of fall walleyes names on them...

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have 4 rods. all a combanation of light and medium action rods with different lenghts and line size i also carry a spare spool for each one and all my tackle. my in-laws leave 1/4 mile from the pourde so i try to sneek away when we are out there all day on the weekends

·
Registered
171 Posts
1x 2 pc spinning rod, lives on truck, rigged and ready
1 x 4 pc spinning rod, lives at home, ready to go on bike for quick fix when wife is out with car.
1 x 2 pc fly rod, lives at shop, back-up rod
1x 4 pc fly rod, lives at shop, main fly rod

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
4 pc five weight and a two piece medium action spinning rod 8-10 lb test live in my explorer. A small box of flies, a box of larger bass flies, and two clear lockable trays with assorted lures and soft palstics and I'm pretty much ready for anything in Colorado short of those Volkscatfish in Pueblo. I've had lots of gear and I've had a little gear and i always come back to these two rods pretty much no matter what.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i always have 4 spinning rods with differrent line weights for different situations and my big tackle box

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Maybe I'm wierd,but I dont have any. 0. Nada.Zilch.I keep them and all tackle in my house when I'm not fishing.When I go,I usually have 3 or 4.Ice fishing I usually caryy 5.

F

·
0 Posts
Im the same way as slayer on this one . If I carried my fishing poles all the time I would never get anywhere . It's hard on your line being in the heat of a car and I would be afraid someone would get away with all my gear .

B

·
0 Posts
I have my 4, the wifes 2, and 3 for the kids, and One of my 3
Tackle boxs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Put me down for zero, too. I've had my window smashed and CD player ripped right out of the dash before, so I'll be damned if I'm going to let some punks get a hold of my fishing gear.

I also agree with FishingGuitars. The extreme temperature changes inside a locked vehicle can't be good for the line, metal, plastic, or internal lubricants.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts