Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and where do you go. I strictly bass fish and go to NM (Ute), OK (Grand), TX (Possum Kingdom , Fork and alot of others), MO (Lake of the Ozarks) and AR (Bull Shoals and Norfork).

Just interested in where other prople go and what their after.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I go back to Kansas at least once a year to visit my uncle and fish Milford. Huge lake full of big wipers, whites, crappie, walleye, channels, and some kick ass blue cats. I love the lake and do something as simple as trolling cranks and you have no idea what you will catch.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I now hit Flaming Gorge several times a year and Lake Powell once in a while. I used to do the Powell trip at least once a year until the lake trout sickness grabbed me.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
I am a huge fan of oklahoma. Been going out there to fish since discovering the roulette wheel that is keystone spillway, outside of tulsa. I also love lake tenkiller and the lower illinois river. Its starting to become a black Friday morning tradition for me to hit up the spillway there because I do so good.

I also enjoy fishing nebraska once in a while. Because of money I can't do it as much as id like but ill hit it up at least once this year. Probably gonna go to box butte or red willow...

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
I fish Wyoming at least once a year, but I've also fished Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, New Mexico, Utah, Alaska, and Hawaii. Each state is good and bad in their own way, but I would recommend that everyone spend some time fishing out of state!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i fish kansas and nebraska alot , already been out to kansas 6 times this year to cedar bluffs and glen elder this month i;m gonna fish nebraska almost every weekend if i can

·
Registered
582 Posts
Love living in the state, fishing warm water species here, Im gone. If Burlington was a bigger city like say Boulder and I lived there, I never see the mountains until elk season.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
All over, fishing the trokar team seris the last 3 years ive been to some pretty cool lakes, I should be in kansas right now, but had to bow out of this one do to vaction leaving sunday. Fished north dakota alittle bit, would love to travel more. New water is fun

·
Registered
24,494 Posts
Wyoming and Nebraska for warm water species every now and then...home to visit mom and fish Minnesota...thats about it...if I go on vacation I usually dont fish...I fish plenty here...I went to Alaska for three weeks a number of years back...picked up a rod for about 2 hours...too much other stuff to see and do...

·
Registered
24,494 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I rarely leave the sub-division-
Hmmmmm let me look at the Slayer-Annual-Who-Needs-Month-Names Calendar...and the survey says for this weekend...he is going to get high with some troutski's...

·
Registered
16,399 Posts
zman said:
SLAYERFISH said:
I rarely leave the sub-division-
Hmmmmm let me look at the Slayer-Annual-Who-Needs-Month-Names Calendar...and the survey says for this weekend...he is going to get high with some troutski's...
Right on the freekin money, Z! A high mac on the flail stick!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Hey, My theory is "why leave whats here already?" I mean, We got some great fishing right here, right now. If I go anywhere else now, its our annual Glendo trip in June. OR our Bi annual Ft. Peck, MT. extravaganza.
BUT, them WYO boys is gettin real finicky about fishin up there anymore... used to be a week long trip was, maybe around $100. out of pocket... not counting food and booze. NOW a 6 day fishing license costs about that, plus another $100 or so to camp there. PLUS another $30 for an AIS sticker......
If I do go out of State, I go back to Minnesota or Ontario in the Fall.... GREAT fishing and NO BUGS!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Usually head to Canada once a year to fish for pike and lake trout. Other than that I cannot remember the last time I fished out of state.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I try to get out to Cedar Bluff, Ks., Patoka Lake, In. and Barkley Lake, Ky. once a year. I am itching to give Reelfoot in Tn. a try.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
ducati said:
I am itching to give Reelfoot in Tn. a try.
The lake that spawned the catfish goon is mythical as it is spooky.

If you go... Go eat at the blue bank in tiptonville. My half brother drew the "waters of reelfoot" poster that hangs there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Black Elvis said:
ducati said:
I am itching to give Reelfoot in Tn. a try.
The lake that spawned the catfish goon is mythical as it is spooky.

If you go... Go eat at the blue bank in tiptonville. My half brother drew the "waters of reelfoot" poster that hangs there.
Thanks, i'll give that a try and check it out. I am looking at the Blue Bank resort for reservations.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Wild Turkey said:
Usually head to Canada once a year to fish for pike and lake trout. Other than that I cannot remember the last time I fished out of state.
How is canada?

One day when my finances are in order, I will plan a mancation and go up there for some serious fishing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
When I have the money & the time- western N.Y. -fall- salmon, steelhead, browns- spring- pike, PIG smallies, steelies, & everything in between. If I'm fortunate enough to get out of state for vacation or any other reason I'll try & fish given the opportunity.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts