Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a few questions.
How many trolling lines is one person allowed to use from a boat? I have seen rigs that hold like 5 or 6 poles so you can troll different colors. I have seen some people fishing with 4 alone. just woundering because if I could more than 2 in that would be cool, some planner boards with 2 trollin rigs out = nice day on the lake. thanks

Blue

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Two poles max for each person, with a second rod stamp:

From the Colorado Fishing Regs, under "License Requirements" on page 3.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
one rod per person including children and each person can purchase a second rod stamp including the children even though they dont have a license( or attleast the kids used to be able to do that havent checked lately)

·
Registered
514 Posts
you might not be seeing what you think. i often have 4 rods in the holders and will rotate them out never having more then two in the water. from a distance it may look like i am trolling 4 rods but its only two. this way i can change up the rigs without takeing rods out of the water. i always have my casting rod handy though incase i see something worth casting at such as a nice point. i wouldnt fish with 4 rods out by myself anyway. it becomes a problem once you hook up and have to land your fish and control your boat and keep your lines from getting tangled. happy trolling.

B

·
0 Posts
2 per person with second rod stamp, I saw a guy sitting under the lake city bridge at blue mesa with his plastic blow up girl friend fishing, I don't know if she had a license or second rod stamp but I don't think I quit laughing until I got home to Montrose that nite. ;D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
bobco said:
2 per person with second rod stamp, I saw a guy sitting under the lake city bridge at blue mesa with his plastic blow up girl friend fishing, I don't know if she had a license or second rod stamp but I don't think I quit laughing until I got home to Montrose that nite. ;D
bobco that is great I am going up with my friends this weeked I hope I get to see that i'll go ask her how the fishing is ;D ;D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'm sure that if I used one of those inflatable dolls, it would out fish me two to one. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dave110man said:
i wouldnt fish with 4 rods out by myself anyway. it becomes a problem once you hook up and have to land your fish and control your boat and keep your lines from getting tangled. happy trolling.
i used to troll a dozen at a time with just 3-4 guys out west on the big pond. it could be a lot of fun when a half dozen went off at the same time. it took a good crew and some fancy moves but it can be done. one big trick is to keep the boat moving ahead not fast but moving it helps to keep the fish from tangling

1 - 10 of 10 Posts