Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure i spend probably $1500 or so a year for fishing.  I figure that includes all tackle and lures, bait, a few new rods and reels, license to fish, license for boat and trailer, parks fees,  gas for boat and car,  maintanence for boat, trailer and motor, food and drink while fishing. 

I am not including things like boat, motor and trailer, ice fishing shelter, power auger, underwater camera and things that are not (at least for me) annual expenses.

I think I am getting off fairly cheaply, since I never have been able to make an annual (let alone ever) canadian fishing trip. 

How do the rest of you fare?

Dan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: How much do spend fishing a year?

so far I am around $700 since March. This only includes tackle but not my license, entry fees, gas, food, and bait. Most I have ever spent a year on fishing stuff. No regrets.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Phew$$$... I plead the 5th... wife may be reading the board under and alias.

If I do the math, I may shock myself right out of fishing, fogetaboutit!

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts

Dude, I'm not even gonna try to think about it.... The figures are terrifying. I'd rather just go with the flow and never question why I have so little in the bank.

·
Registered
179 Posts

I have spent 600 this month alone so I will probably be pushing 2k for the year. That doesn't count the actual boat or hunting.

And I say my wife costs us a lot!?

·
Registered
85 Posts

When it comes to fishing I would sell my girlfriend..
just kidding dhe is my best fishing buddy.
this year I have spent alot more because I am trying to fish for more then just trout.

·
Registered
281 Posts

I have gone a little crazy this year, went to cabalas in january 700.00 have spent another $1500 since then and have 2 trips to alaska comeing up this year will cost about $7500.00.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

I cant tell you guys cause my girlfirend knows I use this site and if she found this thread I'd be done.

Bad thread DELETE DELETE!!

;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
110 Posts

WOW!!

This is a terrible thread... My wife is actually an accountant, she just told me yesterday while we cooking the bass and walleye that I caught probably cost us about $70.00 per pound. She says its based on what I have spent at Cabellas alone this year.

I hope that she doesn't find out about Gander or Sportsman's...... She will never mow the grass again... ;D ;D

John

·
Registered
118 Posts

Since January 2005, I have spent $2350.00, WOW that is bad. But that is what you are suposed to do with your bonus, right? Oh man, I better not let my wife see this. That darn Cabela's web site, way to easy to push send!!! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
118 Posts

I forgot to mention I am actually opening up my new Cabela's PT/ CSR fly rod I received yesterday by the great UPS man. Damn, my wife is going to KILL ME. I think I have a Cabela's problem, I need help. Oh ya, the rod is very, very sweet. ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This is a terrible thread...
this is a bad one thread
Bad thread DELETE DELETE!!
This is a very good thread!  Now I can show my wife that my addiction is not so bad.  I can tell her "hey it could be worse you could be married to Slayerfish .......!"

I love this thread!

Dan

PS there are a few items I completely forgot about that boosts my total to probably $2500.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

I spend so much at Cabelas they sent me the hard back edition. Thousands b/t tackle, gas, and boat upkeep.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

jdferguson said:
WOW!!

This is a terrible thread...  My wife is actually an accountant, she just told me yesterday while we cooking the bass and walleye that I caught probably cost us about $70.00 per pound.  She says its based on what I have spent at Cabellas alone this year. 

This is why I advocate catch and release.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

It is expensive. Whoever said to their kid "you have more wishes than a fisherman's tackle box", has not seen my tackle box.

Now that I have everything I could ever need or want for fishing, in triplicate, I won't have to spend much money in the future... This is what I tell myself every time I look at my credit card bill.

·
Registered
472 Posts

How much do I spend? Whatever it takes. I average 20 to 40 dollars a week just reloading the plastics, jigs, line and gas. (at 2 bucks a gallon, you gotta factor that in too.)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts