Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much snow everyone is getting? I am guessing 18" so far maybe more in Aurora?

The moisture content is a god send really! But I would of preferred it come in the form of rain.

D

·
0 Posts
North side of the house (in Gleneagle), zero. South side of the house 3 feet.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
About 10" in my backyard in Broomfield.

I noticed that Eldora got 12" versus Winter Park's 7" and many other ski areas are even less...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
None here in western colorado. We got a little rain, but not much. Snow in the mountains is what counts anyway.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These plains blizzards actually help out Bonny. The Republican drainage is mostly dependent on rainfall. A couple of feet of wet snow can't hurt?

I just got done shoveling and I am getting to old for this #### There is alot of moisture in this snow!

E

·
0 Posts
Neal/CO said:
These plains blizzards actually help out Bonny. The Republican drainage is mostly dependent on rainfall. A couple of feet of wet snow can't hurt?

I just got done shoveling and I am getting to old for this #### There is alot of moisture in this snow!
I only made it halfway down my driveway and gave up. I bet we have a foot.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I was in Canon CIty Saturday and left Sunday afternoon and they didnt get any snow and barily any wind. I went to Pueblo Sunday for the rest of the day no snow down there either but really really windy. Around 9:30 pm I arrived home in Colorado SPrings and a snow drift on the front of my house covered my deck and part of my door had to use the side door. But the roads werent as bad as the news made them sound. even the interstate was closed, had to be from a wreck cause I dont see why from what I hit driving.

·
Registered
179 Posts
EricCO said:
Neal/CO said:

I only made it halfway down my driveway and gave up.  I bet we have a foot.
Here in the Springs I did get my whole driveway done but skipped the sidewalks and the walk to the front door. The whole time I was thinking "When did this start getting hard". My back was killing me after afterwards ::) . I did leave the shovel against the garage door hoping one of the neighbor kids gets ambitious....yea right, one can dream though!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I measured the depth this morning when I got up 20", but i shoveled everytime it got 6 inches deep on my driveway and I had to shovel 4 times. The kicker is that it was melting on the bottom and being as heavy as it was it was compacting the lower layers. So I would guess at least 24". Oh, BTW i live near Ken Caryl and Kipling.

Dan

E

·
0 Posts
RIght on Eric...we'll have to drop in together some time! Go to Chatfield much?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Probably a foot in Thornton. Hard to tell as it was melting from the bottom up. I've got some sore spots today. I noticed the Platte was sure running full.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I got off work this morning at 7am and when I woke up at 2pm all the snow on the sidewalks were melted already. So I'm not sore but I feel for ya all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts