Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I fished the 11 Mile Tourney on Saturday. Started out at a spot off Loop E I've had on my GPS for 3 years It's been a reliable spot in February for good sized trout. Checked in at 5:00 am it was a balmy minus 10. (20 degrees warmer than the last time I was at 11 Mile.) Started fishing at 7:00 am. we had 3 beautiful Kokes by 7:10am. They we all over the place, even hitting a larger gitzit I had a couple off feet of the bottom. We kept seeing fish hugging close to the bottom and could only catch Kokes. We decided to move due south by the rocks and the small island. Set up over 18 feet of water and right away caught a 2.25 lb rainbow on my pumpkin seed gitzit. I was bouncing the gitzit of the rocks on the bottom and that bow came out of no where, missed the lure the first two times and finally got it the 3rd time. It was great to watch that trout react to the lure. Shortly after that a much larger trout (I'm guessing 24-26') came by and inspected every lure we had. It took a quick slap at my wifes lure and disappeared. We saw a few more trout but they were not interested in our offerings. At about 1:00 saw Dorothy and Toto fly by so we decided to head back to the parking lot. 30-40 mph winds with stronger gusts sure make for a long walk back! Checked in at the tourney and saw quite a few nice trout in the 3-4lb range being weighed. Maybe we'll catch trout next time we try for Kokes who knows???

FC

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
All I can say is that there sure are a lot of polite people on this forum to hold back their comments....

Actually I remember Larry telling the story of two guys who both landed their limits of kokes off the north shore in a couple hours the day before the tournament....so maybe twh rod is February + North Shore = kokes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts