Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that sounds pretty contradicting, fishing boat smelling like fish and all, but I really struggle with my boat smelling like fish days even weeks after I go fishing. After every trip at the end I clean the boat and scrub it and use a wet vac, but even after that I can smell fish. I have a feeling that it is me handling catfish on a certain part of my boat and the catfish slime gets on the rug and dries into it, this past trip over memorial day I braught up a shallow 2 ft plastic container than I was going to set the catfish it while I remove the hooks, but I had my worst catfishing trip in 2 years out there so I really didn't get to see if it worked. So what do you guys do to keep your boats Un-Fishy??

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean my boat already smells skunky for reasons the majority of this forum disagrees with ;D But I truly think it has to be the catfish slime, when I fish for walleye or whatever else I don't usually get the same smell, Its much more noticeable when I fish for cats, but at the same time my boat stays in a garage at lake mac for quite a while between trips so the smell kinda gets trapped in there. I think the plastic container idea will make a difference in the future when I don't have a shitty trip, I have noticed multiple times hardened pieces of carpet due to dried catfish slime. My livewell doesn't usually get to bad, because up until this season I have hardly ever kept any fish to eat (which would make more sense I guess as to why my carpet smells because the fish spend more time on it for pictures and such), it was usually just minnows in it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.