Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas, I'm going to do it. I'm making a jigging/flashing machine out of an old windshield wiper moter but I have never seen it done or used one so I have a few questions. First of all, what kind of battery will run this puppy and approximately how long will it last. Next, what kind of flashing rig and color should I use. Keep in mind that I'm not a kokanee expert so try and be as specific as you can. Last, how close should I fish with my two rods next to the "machine"? Any knowledge from you and any other suggestions you can think of to help me ice a couple will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
we have a mazda windshield motor mounted inside a royal crest box using a 12v motorcycle battery. Lasts plenty long enough.
Imagine the number 5 on a dice as your holes in the ice. The center hole is where to flash your multi colored silver and gold cow bells. The 4 corner holes are where you and your partner jig your lures (we use large spoons tipped with red meals). I learned this from some old and wise fisherman at 11mile. He likens the experience to bingo, where him and his partners are constantly calling out depths when they get a strike.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
how far from the attractor do you set your lines to avoid tangles with fish and/or do you pull the attractor when you hook up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts