Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys their have been lots of reports of good panfishing action in smaller local metro ponds. How can I find out if they can be legally fished? I have been driving around south Denver, Littleton area and all seem to not allow ice fishing. Im getting very frustrated as I'm putting in way more time researching and driving around than I am on the ice. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me. Cheers guys!

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Call the Parks and Rec for the area the pond is in. Honestly local ponds are not safe right now and most cities don't allow ice fishing for the insurance purposes and the safety factor! Talking with a buddy this morning he told me his neighbors dogs chased some geese out onto a local pond last week, fell through and were never found by the fire department...not worth it...go to Chatty or the Crack!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If there is no sign I'd say go for it. I don't think there is a list of iceable ponds online or anything, at least I hope there's not lol

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
If there is no sign I'd say go for it. I don't think there is a list of iceable ponds online or anything, at least I hope there's not lol
CYA on the news!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Talking with a buddy this morning he told me his neighbors dogs chased some geese out onto a local pond last week, fell through and were never found by the fire department...not worth it...go to Chatty or the Crack!!!
Dang I can't even imagine if that happened to my dogs. However, I don't think I'd let them by frozen ponds in the first place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call the Parks and Rec for the area the pond is in. Honestly local ponds are not safe right now and most cities don't allow ice fishing for the insurance purposes and the safety factor! Talking with a buddy this morning he told me his neighbors dogs chased some geese out onto a local pond last week, fell through and were never found by the fire department...not worth it...go to Chatty or the Crack!!!
Thanks guys! Great advice as fas as safety and not posted go for it, as long as ice is safe of course

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Dang I can't even imagine if that happened to my dogs. However, I don't think I'd let them by frozen ponds in the first place.
LOL...but you're telling this member to go for it if there are no signs!!! Shows where you rate here 32!!! :twitch::twitch::twitch:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I have a feeling no ice fishing is allowed I would not fish. If the ice is safe, I don't see the problem Pike.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
another thing to consider...you trust the ice out on a metro pond and venture out, some little kids sees you out there and later try it themselves...POOF GONE!!! Stay with the metro lakes, big enough to stay away from others and a lot safer!!!

Tight lines!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
LOL...but you're telling this member to go for it if there are no signs!!! Shows where you rate here 32!!! :twitch::twitch::twitch:
Hey I'm not saying it is something I would do, but they clearly aren't against fishing the metro ponds if ice is safe. Therefore, if theres no sign saying no fishing, stay of ice, unsafe ice, etc. then he can go for it if he feels it's safe. I wasn't suggesting no sign makes a safe pond, but if there is no sign it is likely not illegal. All I was getting at. If an adult can get on and off the ice the kids probably wont fall through...;D

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Hey I'm not saying it is something I would do, but they clearly aren't against fishing the metro ponds if ice is safe. Therefore, if theres no sign saying no fishing, stay of ice, unsafe ice, etc. then he can go for it if he feels it's safe. I wasn't suggesting no sign makes a safe pond, but if there is no sign it is likely not illegal. All I was getting at. If an adult can get on and off the ice the kids probably wont fall through...;D
LOL!!! I know bud, just givin ya chit!!! :biggrin1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts