Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I helped with the fishing derby today and got to fish afterward. I started out throwing the eight inch Huddleston hoping to get one of the ten pound bass that have been popping up lately. The first fish was the biggest by far. It nailed my hudd as I slow rolled it against the reeds. Unfortunately, I was by myself stabding in about four feet of water so getting photos was somewhat difficult, especially with a decent pike. I lifted it out of the water to get a look at it, put it back in to get my phone out, and then it came loose. It had a big head and looked pretty healthy compared to a lot of the pike I saw. I had to be super careful, too, because that's how I dropped my phone in pyramid lake not too long ago. I was super bummed because it would have been an awesome photo with the hudd sticking out of it's mouth but it was just cool to get some. The fish would have definitely won the derby had i not been a volunteer. I believe the biggest pike today in the derby was 30in. Ended up getting three on the hudd and then I switched over to the s waver and got a handful more. No bass but some nice bass were caught today. Now I just need to get a bass on the hudd...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Private lake and biggest pike was only 30 freaking inches? I had a hudd choked and bit clean off last weekend by a pike :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Private lake and biggest pike was only 30 freaking inches? I had a hudd choked and bit clean off last weekend by a pike :D
Fishing seemed to be slow because of the cold weather the days leading up to it. I couldn't care less about what kinda pike are in there if there are double digit bass. Some super nice bass were caught yesterday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts