1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Interesting, the weedless concept is sweet but I bet it effects the hook up rate quite a bit. The reviews make it sound like they get torn up pretty quickly but also perform well. I would like them for throwing swimbaits at night when it gets a little riskier

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, the weedless concept is sweet but I bet it effects the hook up rate quite a bit. The reviews make it sound like they get torn up pretty quickly but also perform well. I would like them for throwing swimbaits at night when it gets a little riskier
I was thinking they'd be killer for smallies bottom bouncing the rocks.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
not sure I am totally sold on the concept. I mean, I am sure they work, but I think there are better shad swimbaits to fish in open water, and in open water, not sure you need weedless. Shad rarely mix themselves up in weeds... perhaps fishing the bottom and sticks but again, not sure if it's the best application. Just my opinion, and that opinion could quickly change if I used one.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
not sure I am totally sold on the concept. I mean, I am sure they work, but I think there are better shad swimbaits to fish in open water, and in open water, not sure you need weedless. Shad rarely mix themselves up in weeds... perhaps fishing the bottom and sticks but again, not sure if it's the best application. Just my opinion, and that opinion could quickly change if I used one.
can you refer me to a better option plz!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Go on Tackle Warehouse and buy a selection of paddle tail swimbaits without hooks. Then buy some Owner weighted Beast Hooks in 4/0 and 6/0. Rig them weedless and throw them in harms way!!

I bought a bunch of different brands last year and experimented with those and Hudds. Hudds were disappointing at best? I killed Wipers on several five inch versions rigged on 6/0 Beast hooks. And they are a lot less expensive!!!!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go on Tackle Warehouse and buy a selection of paddle tail swimbaits without hooks. Then buy some Owner weighted Beast Hooks in 4/0 and 6/0. Rig them weedless and throw them in harms way!!

I bought a bunch of different brands last year and experimented with those and Hudds. Hudds were disappointing at best? I killed Wipers on several five inch versions rigged on 6/0 Beast hooks. And they are a lot less expensive!!!!
Thank you, kind sir!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've stuck a few smaller fish on the hudds, but I haven't fished them a ton. I haven't had an issue with the hook up rate though.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Neal pretty much nailed it for paddletails, which I think would work just as well and can be adjusted easier.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I use the Hudd Weedless Grass Minnow on Umbrella Rigs depending on the lake and conditions. The only place I have thrown that bait by itself was Horsetooth and they were jumping all over it. That's not saying much though, since the fish in that lake would jump all over a Texas Rigged piece of cat ****. The tail action is very subtle, which I like. I open the gap of the hook just a touch.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use the Hudd Weedless Grass Minnow on Umbrella Rigs depending on the lake and conditions. The only place I have thrown that bait by itself was Horsetooth and they were jumping all over it. That's not saying much though, since the fish in that lake would jump all over a Texas Rigged piece of cat ****. The tail action is very subtle, which I like. I open the gap of the hook just a touch.
Thank you, sir. They're definitely good looking baits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts