Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Quincy today between 3:30 and 4:00 a little to windy for my liking.... I walked to that island on the east side so i could cast with the wind... I threw my woolybugger let the wind straighten my line.Bam!!!! an 18 inch bass .....Thought it was going to break my rod (wife woulda been po'd)..Thats probably the biggest bass ive ever caught....Took a minute to land it but i did made sure he was well enough to swim away wich didnt take much.not like a trout.caught a few nice perch too

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats i have yet to catch one :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was out there today as well between 10:00am and noon. Really windy, got blown across in about 20 minutes (float-tube) then spent about an hour trying to row back to the launch. Only upside was every cast was with the wind. Damn Fish!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Very nice fish rollcast ! That's Colorado Master Angler sized for Largemouth. I love catching Bass w/ Whooly Buggers (I do it w/ fly and bubble on my spin rod). Good to hear something good about Quincy. After all the bad stuff I've heard, your post makes me still want to fish it! Thanks!
James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts