Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Humminbird Help

800 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Robndenver 
#1 ·
The wife just had major surgery and we won’t be getting on the water until June. In the meantime, I will be working on getting our Helix 9 DI tuned and settings adjusted at Boyd Lake or Union Reservoir. I’ve bought Craig Copeland’s book, got the cheat cards from The Technological Angler and watched a ton of YouTube.

I would like to find someone in the forum or around the metro area, that can help me make certain that my electronics are mounted correctly, settings adjusted for the lakes I generally fish, and guide me on whether or not I want to add I-link to sync my Terrova to my Humminbird. I have the switch for Ethernet, but haven’t installed it.

Can anyone recommend an electronics whisperer that I can hire for an afternoon or so?

#2 ·
I-Link for sure. I don't really understand your questions about settings specific for each lake. There isn't much too it and a lot of it is personal preference.

I live up in the mountains and am not aware of any Humminbird Gurus on the front range. Most guys that put themselves out there as the "know it alls" are Lowerance guys.

If you're watching videos and reading books then I think you probably already have the knowledge you need to go out there and get it done.

I taught my father-in-law how to use his Helix 10 linked to his Ulterra and he got it pretty quick. Getting on the lake and playing with your electronics is the quickest way to learn.

#5 ·
I was just looking for someone who could double check my transducer placement, help me set up my views. I used the two reservoirs as examples of bodies of water near me that we could use for testing. I don’t have much of a sense of humor now about know it alls, or Lowrance fishfinders . . . I’ll handle it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.