Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started remodel at a house this morn off mississippi and bryant area. Driving around the block i noticed a lake called huston park (north side of mississippi at canosa) i think. Anyone ever put a line in or have a clue what swims around in there? Id assume brim but if its just a mud hole i wont bother to bring a rod this week.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
What I found on Da Net:

Huston Lake in Huston Lake Park
Location: East of S. Federal Blvd. about 4 blocks, between W. Ohio Ave. and W. Kentucky Ave. Southeast of the intersection of Ohio and S. Clay St.
Size: 13 acres; 6 feet maximum depth.
Perimeter: 0.6 miles.
Fishing: Catch some largemouth bass, sucker, yellow perch, green sunfish, bluegill, bullhead, carp, channel catfish, and crappie.
Agency: Denver Parks and Recreation
Hours and stuff: Open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. No boats. Recreation Center, picnic sites, playground, and restrooms. Hard-surface foot trail around the lake.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
What I found on Da Net:

Huston Lake in Huston Lake Park
Location: East of S. Federal Blvd. about 4 blocks, between W. Ohio Ave. and W. Kentucky Ave. Southeast of the intersection of Ohio and S. Clay St.
Size: 13 acres; 6 feet maximum depth.
Perimeter: 0.6 miles.
Fishing: Catch some largemouth bass, sucker, yellow perch, green sunfish, bluegill, bullhead, carp, channel catfish, and crappie.
Agency: Denver Parks and Recreation
Hours and stuff: Open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. No boats. Recreation Center, picnic sites, playground, and restrooms. Hard-surface foot trail around the lake.
Used to play softball there many moons ago.... saw a bunch of stringers of cats and bullheads come out....

·
Registered
1 Posts
No bass seem to be here, its a nice looking lake. Caught a carp trying out live worms just to see what's in here. It's so close to my house I would of loved to make this my spot.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I fished it two years ago for bass and spent 3 hours and caught one bass. Doesn't seem to have a very good population from what I've heard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts