Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these yesterday out of boredom. I have not used them yet. I kinda wanted to get opinions if you guys think they would work or not or how can I improve them

Painted them white to reflect the sun

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
73fisherman said:
Bare metal and black attract heat. White reflects
When you try to unscrew them at -10 you may wish you had painted the handles black instead of white. :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's a great idea but I would have left a bolt head to be able to use an electric drill. If the battery dies a ratchet would be used. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What does the tip look like up close? The Quikfish anchors have a slot that seems to make it easy to start. When I used regular bolts I ahd a hard time getting them started.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I suggest that you work the ends of the anchors on a bench grinder. If you taper and create a sharper angle and have a sharper point, they will start faster and easier in the ice for you.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
if you take your hand grinder and very carefully cut a channel in down the side of the threads it helps. just don't try to go to fast and get away from a straight line on one side of the bolt.

·
Registered
509 Posts
coloradojaguar said:
if you take your hand grinder and very carefully cut a channel in down the side of the threads it helps. just don't try to go to fast and get away from a straight line on one side of the bolt.
That's a good idea, I'm going to do that to mine, Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ice fisher said:
coloradojaguar said:
That's a good idea, I'm going to do that to mine, Thanks
Thats a damn good idea~ thanks
:)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
went to Terryall yesterday (1-6-11). The anchors did awsome! Grumpie and i were in 70+ mph winds and anchors were solid. They held up and were easy to screw in the ice and easy to un-screw :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts