Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with this brand ? I am seeing them for sale online, but they don't seem to still be in business?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Jay said:
Why would anyone in Colorado want a bass boat? Just wondering
[me=Jay] [/me]
Haha ton of reasons.
Have you been in a 20' or larger bass boat?
They are wide and stable. Big casting decks, close to the water, fast, and tons of storage.
You might be more incline to get wet with some good sized waves but I would take that rather than deep v alum boat anyday. They catch a ton of wind, sit up too high for the fishing I do, slow, lean more when people are on the same side.
To each their own

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jay said:
Why would anyone in Colorado want a bass boat? Just wondering
[me=Jay] [/me]
Because nobody builds a PIKE BOAT!! Premium bass boats are designed for 2 guys casting, not trolling or anything like that. I do not care about speed, not a tourney guy, hell the best pike lake over here has a 20 hp restriction anyway.

W

·
0 Posts
longdraw said:
Why would anyone NOT want a bass boat?
The constant winds of WY lead most to purchase a v-hull, just for trying in vain to achieve a smoother ride.

All I know is that I remember those Ranger commercials in the early 80's where they'd cut the hull to sh#$ and it would still float. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I'd hate to be that sap without any console come ice-out at Granby- ;)
I'd hate to be the pu$$y who can't handle a little wind in the face. (I only say that cause I don't have one :) :) )
Here is the only windshield I need;

:) :)
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I am more interested in how a boat fishes than comfort. I have always preferred SC boats (even as a co-angler) because they afford more options for casting angles.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
longdraw said:
IMO they are not piratical in this state. We really don't have lakes with shallow bays or the kind of structure where you need to be practically standing on the water. Try fishing the front deck of a bass boat in open water when the mountain winds kick up and waves are coming over bow.

Someone said cause they are fast; Ok well seeing how the max speed in this sate is 40mph I don't see how that's going to help. But then again there is really no one on the lake who is going to enforce that so fly like the wind.

Give me a V or a fish/ski any day.
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Jay said:
longdraw said:
IMO they are not piratical in this state. We really don't have lakes with shallow bays or the kind of structure where you need to be practically standing on the water. Try fishing the front deck of a bass boat in open water when the mountain winds kick up and waves are coming over bow.

Someone said cause they are fast; Ok well seeing how the max speed in this sate is 40mph I don't see how that's going to help. But then again there is really no one on the lake who is going to enforce that so fly like the wind.

Give me a V or a fish/ski any day.
[me=Jay] [/me]
Have done it with no problems. In general a 19' bass boat is more stable from side to side than a deep v. When I walk from side to side on a bass boat the person in the back hardly notice. Deep v not so much.
40mph limit? No way :D
Scared of a little water on your arm or face huh?
Me I hate a boat getting blown all crazy sideways when I am pounding a certain spot. Deep high boats aren't the best for this situation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts