Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another blast of snow, 25 mph winds...I just don't want to go out on my black broken toe. Kids are screaming to go ice fishing, wife is screaming about Florida, dog be sayin..you lame, I think I will spend the day tying midges to fish with in my fish tank.

Bored at my desk..here's a little compilation of low effort. Tired and cranky. Maybe tick the like button if it is at all entertaining.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm not broken, just ready for Spring. Tried to squeeze a float on the Roaring Fork yesterday, but the weather didnt cooperate. Tied a Bronco fly this morning out of boredom.

Get healed up soon.

I like the video! One suggestion? More of the wife less of you. :)

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Sissy. I've gone fishing with a broken back.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not broken, just ready for Spring. Tried to squeeze a float on the Roaring Fork yesterday, but the weather didnt cooperate. Tied a Bronco fly this morning out of boredom.

Get healed up soon.

I like the video! One suggestion? More of the wife less of you. :)
Itsa teaser. It's gonna get real soon. "Fly Hotties" is my next project!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Awesome Video, you guys should bring those fly rods to Panama with me. I wanna watch you catch a Tuna with one.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Sissy. I've gone fishing with a broken back.
Does that mean there is going to be a nine position never used hospital bed for sale dirt cheap cuz you changed your mind and decided to sleep on the floor during recovery?...

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Does that mean there is going to be a nine position never used hospital bed for sale dirt cheap cuz you changed your mind and decided to sleep on the floor during recovery?...
No, I already sold it.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That sucks about the toe dude. When I broke my ankle in '12 I read a lot about nutrition for broken bones, and long story short found green apples to be one of the best sources for magnesium which is critical in the calcification process. Hope you heal up fast.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
OK so i herniated a disk in my back.... worked a season with the forest circus on timber crew (one of many).. 35lbs of paint plus water and field gear lots of pain and numbness... got it fixed the next winter ( **** the healthcare insurance industry!) and fished the next wet with old shoes, wet in wyoming.. Up hill in the snow both wAYS.... with nothing but a elk hair caddis and a wollly bugger. getting nearly killed by moose in a honda accord ( one of two times that year) and abused by wy state trooper.... Twice...... THen my dad died and a 7 year relationship ended................ So endeth the lesson........... Broken...HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I didn't know a moose could fit in a Honda, let alone drive one!

EHC rock for fishing. Always other fish in the sea (relationship).

Wyoming would rock to fly fish.

And my deepest sympathy to you regarding your dad.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Getting a bit anxious myself. The skiing has been fantastic around here this year, especially as of late. Now that its dry and sunny out may have to hang the skis up this weekend (get away from the MLK crowd anyways) and mosey on down to the river to drop a line...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Wyoming rocked to fish. this was 2007. I lived in the bunkhouse that is at the brush creek campgrond on the west side of snowy range pass. The creek was good downstream. Lots of willows and beaver ponds. Other close water was North platte upstream of the dams, freestone and you can paddle a canoe down it. Rent in saratoga drive upstream, paddle, fish and pull off at the flyshop to drop off. THe other local river is the Encampment. Before that i was in North park CO for 3 years. Headwaters of the N platte. THis is where I learned to fly fish. So many places to fish around northpark.........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts