Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Bobby and I'm new to ice fishing. I fish all the time from shore at reservoirs that I can but would like to be able to get out on the ice. The trouble is that I am handicapped and confined to a wheelchair due to a hunting accident 17 years ago. I have special fittings on my chair for rougher trails and for maneuvering in somewhat deeper snow. I'd like to get out soon and would like to know if anybody can help. I have read up on weight to ice thickness ratio and feel that 5 inches of solid ice would be safe for my chair. Is there anybody out there that can help me get out and drill a few holes for me? I'd greatly appreciate it and my company is priceless.

Please don't feel sorry for me, I have had my own bouts with self pity. But I would need help with carrying of my chair to and from the ice and drilling some holes. I think that would be all.

Thank you and god bless.

Bobby B.
Morrison, CO

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am always looking for people to fish with and drilling a couple extra holes is no big deal. I dont have the best schedule because of travel for work but once things get going here in the metro area I will let you know and we can try to get together. Ice fishing is one of my favorite types of fishing so I would really like to expose more people to it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would also be willing to venture out with you. One thought, if you find or pick a lake that has a boat ramp access to the ice would be a little easier. I fish Aurora quite a bit and you can back right up to the boat ramp, IF there is good ice.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bobby, how confined are you? Could we get you out on a snowmobile or a quad? State parks have provisions to allow snowmobiles in that situation. I would sure help any way possible.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Batman said:
Bobby, how confined are you? Could we get you out on a snowmobile or a quad? State parks have provisions to allow snowmobiles in that situation. I would sure help any way possible.
Shoot...he gets me out. ;) I'm sure we could get you out. Also, if you'd like to fish Monument lake some time...and if you aren't doing anything for Christmas. I'm sure you and any family members would be more than welcome at my Mom's house above the lake. We could fish in the morning and run up to the house for dinner...

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I say we get him out on granby res. via snowmachines and trailers on a beautiful spring day, cook fish tacos with freshly caught lake trout and have an incredibly good time. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah and if you want to tag along with a bunch of that hit chatfield in the early AM to chase walleyes in late december early january let us know...we'll put you next to the Count Whitespotula and let him talk your ears off!...bwahaahahahahahahahahahahhaa...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts