Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For lake trout fishing, I hate the months of September, October, and most of November. The most inconsistent fishing of the year for fish of any size.

So, bring on the ice!!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Slimer said:
I hear ya. I'm still bassing locally as long as I can though.
Couldn't agree more!! I too am SOOOO ready for ice!! But local bassin will have to get my by until then.

Caught this one a couple of days ago:

Just a hair over 2lbs :/ Not HUGE by any means.. but still a nice bass to me :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Now that's a mack. I hooked one almost that big once but that makes the 16 and 15 pounders that still stand as my biggest macks look small.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great fish alright, Steve. I'm ready!! In fact I'm making new secret stuff this very day.

Come on ice!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
I hope the mountain lakes freeze early but leave my front range lakes ice-free until at least christmas!!! Break out the palm trees Z!!! ;D
After the icescapades on the front range lakes last year I'm looking for a little redemption and need all the extra days I can get!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The main way to get into the bigger macks is to go to known big fish spots where the groups are and to fish with big tubes and a big hunk of meat.

·
Registered
844 Posts
How come the DOW wants spears and archery gear used on pike but we are still limited on tip ups? I would love to throw out a big spread but will have to be happy with what we got I guess.
I guess the same could be said of the BM macks, wouldn't it be fun to run about a dozen or so?
I still would promote C&R on the bigones and I guess thats why they won't do it.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
captain shuyak said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
That's a great fish alright, Steve. I'm ready!! In fact I'm making new secret stuff this very day.

Come on ice!!
those fleeting glimpses.
Ha ha ha! We should fish together some time this winter. :D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
I hope the mountain lakes freeze early but leave my front range lakes ice-free until at least christmas!!! Break out the palm trees Z!!! ;D
Exactly...

Ice fishing...ugh...you people need your head examined...even GoFindYourDamnHypoThermia is gearing up...have to revise my old saying...

Ice fishing...its no longer just for people who dont understand boat control...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zman said:
...have to revise my old saying...

Now that's funny! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Since I don't own anything other than ice rods and fly rods, I've been jigging for macks with my ice rod from my pontoon boat. Biggest problem I have been having is losing jigs to the rocks since I am moving. In three days I have lost upwards of twenty jigs.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
MB said:
Since I don't own anything other than ice rods and fly rods, I've been jigging for macks with my ice rod from my pontoon boat. Biggest problem I have been having is losing jigs to the rocks since I am moving. In three days I have lost upwards of twenty jigs.
start casting, get off the rocks and or stay above them, you would be amazed how many fish I clean with a jig in there stomach, so please quit littering.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
zman said:
solesearcher34 said:
Exactly...

Ice fishing...ugh...you people need your head examined...even GoFindYourDamnHypoThermia is gearing up...have to revise my old saying...

I'm starting to believe january and february should be spent in a warm climate.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts