Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you ice fisherman, I am telling all of your wives and girlfriends:

Through the rest of the year they may say "Take out the trash." You say "It is too cold!"

They say "Honey will you please change the oil in my car?" You say "It is too windy!"

They say "Will you please mow the lawn." You say it is cloudy, it might rain!"

And there are so many other excuses that I haven't mentioned. But come December you guys will go out on several inches of ice, sit in the cold, and fish for hours on end.

If my husband had the nerve to do that, I would subject him to the most cruel and unusual punishment I could think of. And believe me I have ideas. So for all of you ice fisherman that try to give your wives excuses about the cold, they will be hearing from me.

T

·
0 Posts
mrs fishingkatswife-
i have found that actually taking care of the chores, keeping my wife happy and sending her out shopping buys me a lot of no hassle fishing days each year. that and having the mother-in-law for a visit no matter how painful that usually is.
how much to keep you quiet! fellas - we need to take up a collection or get some dirt on her :D

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
tekneek's approach works for me. Do those little chores and fix-it jobs, keep her car maintained, take her out to eat a couple of times a week, and there are no complaints when you go fishing. Only one drawback: when you go fishing she might get bored and go shopping!

Oh, and one other thing to watch out for. If you call from your cell phone and say the fish are really biting and you will be a couple hours late, and she says, "Can I count on that?" maybe you are going fishing a little too often. ;)

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
maybe you are going fishing a little too often
...there is no such thing...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i dont know who this woman thinks she is how dare she
try to tell you guys what to do i would tell her where to go if i were you guys

hey ken is there a way you can make this look like someone else's name at the top of this post

just asking not like im scared or anything

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i cant say right now im trying to act like im playing a video game so she dont come and look at what im typing

so maybe she will not see this till later in the week

but im not scared of her im the boss

i just havent told her that yet

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Hmmmm, I got this picture in my mind of you at the computer and "the man song" playing in the background................

Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well fishingkats went to take a bath right now. Well it looks like I have missed a whole lot of things since I put up this topic.
That's okay, but fishingkats will think that he is ice fishing right now...I just went and turned the water heater OFF! :eek:

And what happened to my name at the beginning of these posts? Should I be talking to the wife of anyone in particular?
And as far as me talking to the other wife's I can be shut up for a fair price. There are a few certain presents that if they made it under my tree I could be very quiet. ;D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
you guys had to let her see what was being typed
see how you guys are

and yes i was taking a bubble bath
whats wrong with that ;D ;D

im not whipped

i just know my station in life or should i say wife

·
Registered
935 Posts
My wife loves ice fishing - it's her idea to go, sometimes. I'm sittin' pretty.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You see, I just use ice fishing as an excuse. I am much too smart to go sit in freezing temperatures all day. I actually go to the nudie bar. :eek:

Pleeeeeze, don't tell my wife!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i want to go ice fishing with Reg

so do you think the wife will understand when i tell her i
need some ones to take fishing ;D ;D

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
FK

She is going to kick your arse!

I talked to Joe (PuebloGoldenWiperMan)...we will be down if we ever have a warm weekend...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fishingkats said:
need some ones to take fishing     ;D    ;D
Its for bait... dang that catch and release system they have. :p

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
In case you have never heard "the man song" here are the lyrics.

The Man Song by Sean Morey

I don't take no crap from anybody! ... else but you.
I wear the pants around here!...when I'm finished with your laundry.
'Cause I'm a guy you don't want to fight! ... when I say "jump" you say "yeah, right".
I'm the man of this house! ... until you get home.

What I say goes around here! ... right out the window.
And I don't want to hear a lot of whining! ... so I'll shut up.
The sooner you learn who's boss around here! ... the sooner you can give me my orders, dear.
'Cause I am the head honcho! ... but it's all in my head.

And I can have sex anytime! ... that you want.
'Cause I'm a man who has needs! ... but they're not that important.
And don't expect any flowers from me! ... because if I'm not mistaken you prefer jewelry.
I'm the king of my castle! ... when you're not around.

And I'll drink and watch sports whenever I want! ... to get into trouble.
And I'll come home when I'm good and ready! ... to sleep on the couch.
Because a man's got to do what a man's got to do! ... and I'm going to do what you tell me to.
Because I'm top dog around here! ... but I've been neutered!

If you want to hear it sung try this link

http://www.robrob8.com/song_parody/man_song_.htm

Dan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts