Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The pedestrian way! Stumbling around on a dark, moonless night. If I had a different name: “The hard way, the Tred Barta way!” None of that wimpy, daylight, elitist boating crap… :p

Anyway, after another skunk on a boat, I decided to walk around some rocky shorelines yesterday. First order of business: retrieving a lure I got stuck last time I went out. I brought the float tube just for that purpose. Folks on here have given me great ideas… :D :thumb: With the retrieval operation successful, I started throwing jerkbaits around 6PM. There was a little wave action and I had hopes that I would be able to wash the skunk. Then the wind died, and I so did my hopes. A friend joined me later around 9 PM. He brought some good luck and a decent wind with him. A mud line was forming on the shoreline. I told him: I feel good about our chances of catching a 10 puonder tonight now. And it came to pass:

This one was caught on a 5.5” Limited Rogue.

I caught two more eater size fish on a DUO Realis jerkbait:

A little tune for you all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyb_alTkMQ

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice fish AO! I have a feeling you will be getting some more 10 pounders this year! The real question is what lure was it that you went back to retrieve :D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice fish AO! I have a feeling you will be getting some more 10 pounders this year! The real question is what lure was it that you went back to retrieve :D
The DUO that caught me the 2 eaters. Not a really expensive bait, but I have lost about a dozen of them already this year. :mad: They dive deep and I lose more of them than any other lure. Dangerous lure to fish from shore...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job! Pretty fish! I really don't feel a boat is an advantage right now!
Ditto! But, come June, I'll wish I had a boat again...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice work Linh yep you did it your way like Stevie Wonder wandering around in the dark and legal to boot! One of these days i will get out...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice! I stumbled around in the dark Friday night, no love at all.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts